Wednesday 20 April 2016

Friendship

This past week has been emotionally taxing.I learnt of the passing on of two people I regarded very highly.
Friendship
The first person whose death I learnt about was Stanford,we went to school together and were joined by our common bond; the cruel teasing that we got from our colleagues  at high school.I was the tall ungainly boy from the rural Manicaland who did not know his way around town, whilst my friend was an Albino.Naturally we gravitated towards each other and found comfort in each others company.Most weekends ,if we did not have some chores to do at home we would visit and hung-out.All throughout high school the friendship grew and when we went our separate ways to pursue different careers,it survived.We were to meet later after we both married and were able to introduce our young families to each other,only to lose track again when I migrated.When I came back I looked for my friend without any success until last weekend when I went to his parents home where I met his brother's son who was very surprised that I was looking for his late uncle.The news floored me,never in my wildest dream did I envisage that my friend was late.

I knew Mrs Lebesa during my time in Lesotho and she was able to help me immensely on two different occassions, imagine my surprise then when I learnt that she had also passed on,this from the Whatsapp status of her granddaughter.To make matters worse was the fact that I had been thinking about calling her and had even cropped one photo in which she was celebrating her granddaughters graduation from college.

The lessons learnt therefore is that life is too short and one should communicate with their friends and relatives as often as possible lest one is left rowing the missed opportunity.



No comments:

Post a Comment