Wednesday 21 June 2017

Selflessness Among Zimbos


It is an open secret that Zimbabwe is going through tough economic times, if one gives at a time like this then that only shows their selfless nature.

Selflessness Among Zimbos
I have had to go back to ‘school’ albeit for a short technical course which required in excess of $250.A fortune for someone who is not gainfully employed like I. The fact that two people stood by me and funded me speaks volumes of the giving nature of Zimbabweans.
Nyati was the one who suggested the short course and he generously funded it to the tune of $400 to cover all expenses from start to finish. I will forever be indebted to this Gentleman, and I use the term unreservedly because only a gentleman behaves the way he does. After two weeks of daily lessons ,I finally went and took the test, only to fail at the first hurdle. Imagine my disappointment and frustration at the feeling that I had let my benefactor down. Immediately ,I  booked another day with the examiner only to fail again at the first hurdle .Friends and family commiserated with me ,after a week I informed my benefactor who generously made some money available for me to resit the test.

It is my honest opinion that through these selfless acts;Nyati and Dziva have demonstrated the extend to which Zimbabweans care and look out for each other despite the tough economic times we are experiencing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment